The Social RideThis will be an easy-paced ride from the Velopark, with a prompt 10am start. The route will be suitable for road bikes or mountain bikes, and will use a mix of quite streets and some well surfaced cycle paths. We won't leave anyone behind so if we find that we've got some cyclists wanting a more energetic ride, we'll send them off on a longer ride to work off their enthusiasm.
Things to bring with you
Off road alternative
- a bike (obviously!). A road bike, a mountain bike or a hybrid would be suitable.
- a helmet - but only if you want to, we let you make up your own mind on this matter
- some money in case we stop somewhere for a tea or coffee
- some rain gear - not that you will need it of course, this being Manchester in October
- a spare inner tube, especially if you have unusual sized tyres
Alternatively, bring your mountain bike and try out the MTB Skills Zone and Mountain Bike Trails. There are 4 levels of Trail, described as easy, moderate, difficult and extreme. If you find all of this is thirsty work, there is a cafe at Clayton Vale Visitor Centre and back at the Velopark.
Join us for the 10am start, and we'll take you to Clayton Vale as part of the Social Ride, leaving you to play to your heart's content. See above for a suggestion of things to bring: you'll probably welcome the chunkier tyres and suspension on a Mountain Bike, and a helmet and gloves are probably a very good idea.
Annual General MeetingWe start at 2pm and we would really appreciate your presence to tell us how you think we're doing, and what you think we should be doing. Click on the links to see the Previous Minutes and Agenda.
The meeting takes place in the Boardroom suite. The entrance is to the left of the Velodrome Cafe and to the left of Evans Cycles. There is cycle parking outside, but don't forget to bring a lock.